SmartShape Weight Loss Centre
1599 Hurontario St, #302
Mississauga, ON L5G 4S1
Phone: (888) 278-7952
Monday–Friday: 9 a.m.–5 p.m.
We are fully open for virtual consultations, surgical operations, and aftercare, and are taking appropriate measures to keep our patients and staff safe.
The health, safety, and wellbeing of our patients, healthcare team, and staff is always our top priority. We have established our COVID-19 preparedness plan and management policies for surgical and procedural protocols, while accommodating our patients needs for expedited access to healthcare. We are continually monitoring guidelines from the health authorities to adjust our plans, policies and timelines accordingly.
We Are Committed to Your Safety
The ongoing efforts of our physicians and staff to prevent the spread of COVID-19 have allowed us to serve our patient communities across the country.
There are no plans to delay or discontinue elective surgery, and in fact, we have responded to the request of the governments across Canada to provide additional provincially funded procedures to assist in waitlist management in our community. Working with our physicians and staff, we are responding to this request by extending our working week hours and opening for surgery on weekends where necessary.
As you will note from your contact with us in scheduling or confirming your scheduled consultation or surgery, we have taken great care to do everything necessary to keep us all safe, and we will continue these protocols to allow us to carry on serving you and our community. Our employees are also vaccinated against COVID-19 for your and their protection.
We ask you as an individual to continue to be vigilant in your activities and follow all COVID healthcare prevention protocols to protect each other and our loved ones during these unprecedented times.
Safety Protocols for Staff and Patients
While we have always been dedicated to providing a clean and safe hospital environment, we will be enhancing both our sanitation procedures and their frequency. We are committed to the highest level of care and attention. This includes but is not limited to:
- Use of professional-grade disinfectant
- Increased cleaning of all common areas, service rooms and high touch surfaces several times daily
- Where required, the use of personal protective equipment (PPE) including gloves, masks,
and proper hygiene measures (proper hand washing and sanitizing)
Our health care professionals and staff are happy to service you from a safe distance. Our healthcare team has been properly trained on all safety and public health safety measures. This includes but is not limited to:
- All employees will answer screening questionnaires and will have their temperature taken first thing in the morning when they arrive.
- Any employees exhibiting symptoms will be sent home.
- All staff will be required to wear PPE when not at their own designated workstation area
- All workstations and common areas will have hand sanitizer available
- All Clinical Care team members are required to wear a mask, gloves, and a gown
We are booking all surgeries based on a schedule and timeline that best adheres to public health guidelines, including social distancing measures. This includes but is not limited to:
- Staggered scheduling for patients
- Extended duration in between appointments to allow time for cleaning and disinfecting of the examination rooms
- PPE for patients prior to allowing access into the main office area
- The clinical care team will be noting any employees who had interaction with the patient for tracking purposes
Your safety is always at the top of our minds and as such, we have put in place new technologies to better service our patients in a new way. Our website now has a virtual consult booking tool so that you can easily contact our program advisors at a time that’s convenient for you. Our surgeons and healthcare team are also available for telehealth and virtual consultations, so please reach out to us if you have any questions at (888) 278-7952.
We will continue to update you as we navigate these challenging times. We appreciate your patience as we work hard to help you become the best version of yourself.
Your SmartShape Weight Loss Team