SmartShape Weight Loss Centre
1599 Hurontario St, #302
Mississauga, ON L5G 4S1
Phone: (888) 278-7952
Monday–Friday: 9 a.m.–5 p.m.
Patients From Vancouver, BC
Losing weight and keeping it off can seem like an endless battle. The SmartShape Weight Loss Centre team is ready to help you reach and maintain a healthy weight so you can stop struggling and start living a fuller, healthier life. Our bariatric surgery specialists serve the surgical weight loss needs of people from Vancouver, BC, and throughout Canada. They offer advanced weight loss procedures, including LAP-BAND®, mini gastric bypass, and gastric sleeve surgery at our Toronto centre.
Why Should I Travel From Vancouver to Toronto for Weight Loss Surgery?
SmartShape Weight Loss Centre is a member of Clearpoint Health Network, providing quality healthcare to Canadians since 2005. Our Toronto centre offers unique benefits that make it worth the trip, including:
- Comprehensive, 5-year AfterCare program: The surgery price includes our 5-year AfterCare Program, which is the longest and most comprehensive in Canada. Patients have access to our bariatric nurses for questions, goal setting, and counselling for successful lifestyle changes. Our registered dieticians offer educational webinars and we offer support groups with other patients.
- Experience: We perform more modern weight loss surgeries than any other clinic in Canada, having performed 7,000 to date. We have helped thousands of people overcome lifelong weight issues.
- Center of Excellence: We are the first Canadian facility accredited as a Center of Excellence in Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery (CoEMBS) by the Surgical Review Corporation. The accreditation is awarded to a facility and its surgeons who are distinguished providers for delivering high-quality preoperative and long-term follow-up care.
- State-of-the-art surgical facility: We’ve equipped our Toronto facility with specially designed bariatric surgery equipment and sophisticated patient monitoring systems.
- Accessible: After surgery, patients can speak with a bariatric surgeon 24/7 if initial questions arise. Our registered nurses and dieticians provide ongoing support by telephone and email.
Will I Have To Travel for Aftercare?
Aside from travelling to Toronto for surgery, we have minimized the need for our out-of-province patients to travel by offering:
- Virtual consults: Our program advisors, surgeons, and healthcare team are available for online telehealth and virtual consultations, as well as by email and phone.
- Post-op care closer to home: We have an extensive network of affiliate physicians and nurses, trained by our medical staff, in over 45 cities and towns across Canada.
- Educational webinars: Part of our world-class aftercare support includes online nutrition training and patient support groups.
How Do I Get to Your Centre?
SmartShape surgeons perform surgery at the Clearpoint Surgical Toronto, which is fully accredited by the Canadian Association of Accreditation of Ambulatory Surgery Facilities (CAAASF). It is one of only two provincially certified private hospitals. It is centrally located and accessible to major highways; the address is 830 Dixon Road, Etobicoke, ON.
Book a room at the Sheraton Toronto Airport Hotel at the Toronto International Airport.