SmartShape Weight Loss Centre
1599 Hurontario St, #302
Mississauga, ON L5G 4S1
Phone: (888) 278-7952
Monday–Friday: 9 a.m.–5 p.m.
Body Contouring Surgery
For some of our Toronto and Laval weight loss surgery patients, reaching their weight loss goal is just the beginning of a whole new lifestyle. After the accomplishment of losing all the excess weight, some patients are left with excess skin on areas such as the arms, legs, abdomen, breasts, or face that cannot be corrected with diet and exercise. Many people from Ontario, Alberta, Québec, British Columbia, and the Atlantic Provinces (Newfoundland, New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island, and Nova Scotia) consider post-weight loss cosmetic surgery in Canada.
If you are interested in post-weight loss body contouring surgery, contact us today to book your appointment.
Does Loose Skin From Weight Loss Go Away?
The body can react to significant weight loss in different ways. Some patients don’t have much or any excess skin after losing a significant amount of weight. Others have skin that is naturally less elastic and ends up loose after weight loss. While excess skin isn’t harmful, it can cause rashes and other discomfort and create self-consciousness. Many men and women prefer to have it removed with cosmetic surgery.
Does SmartShape Offer Post-Weight Loss Cosmetic Surgery?
SmartShape Weight Loss Centre partners with Surgical Solutions Network, also a division of Clearpoint Health Network that offers private surgery in Canada. The board-certified physicians at Surgical Solutions offer a range of plastic surgery procedures to remove excess skin and fat to improve the appearance of the face, breasts, and body to help patients feel more comfortable and confident.
Post-Weight Loss Cosmetic Surgery Options
Depending on your needs, your surgeon may recommend one or more of the following cosmetic surgery procedures:
- Arm lift surgery helps remove the extra skin and “bat wings” to give you toned, tightened arms.
- Tummy tuck surgery removes loose skin from the abdomen and tightens weakened abdominal muscles.
- Breast lift surgery reshapes and lifts breasts that sag after significant weight loss.
- Facelift surgery tightens and repositions skin on the face to improve your appearance.
- Neck lift surgery tightens lax skin on the neck and jawline that can make you look older than you are.
Liposuction is often combined with the above plastic surgery procedures to remove pockets of fat that remain.
Body Contouring Surgery at Our Private Surgery Centre
At Clearpoint Surgical Toronto – Dixon, we offer private surgery for patients who choose to have post-weight loss body contouring surgery. Watch the video to learn more about this state-of-the-art facility.
Candidates for Post-Weight Loss Cosmetic Surgery
Good candidates for post-weight loss cosmetic surgery are:
- In good overall health.
- Reached a plateau and have sustained their weight loss for a significant period.
- Maintaining a healthy lifestyle with a healthy diet.
- Prepared to undergo surgery and take the time to recover.
- Realistic about the results they can expect.