Mild and healthy spinach won’t overpower already-flavorful recipes and makes for a powerful ingredient in salads, dips, and more. While baby spinach is more expensive, the stems don’t have to be removed, which will save you time when preparing.
Spaghetti with Spinach-Avocado Sauce
- 8 ounces uncooked whole-grain spaghetti
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves
- 1/4 cup rinsed and drained unsalted cannellini beans
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 ripe peeled avocado
- 1/4 cup chopped tomato
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted
Prepare pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Reserve 1/2 cup cooking liquid. Drain pasta.
Combine reserved 1/2 cup cooking liquid, spinach, and next 8 ingredients (through avocado) in a food processor; process until smooth. Combine pasta and spinach mixture; toss to coat. Sprinkle with tomato and almonds.