Hands-on Time: 18 Min
Total Time: 18 Mins
Yield: Serves 4 (serving size: 1 1/4 cups)
The warm vinaigrette releases an intoxicating perfume when poured over the fresh fruit. Serve within 20 minutes of preparing for maximum flavor and optimal temperature.
- 1 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons champagne vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Dash of salt
- 1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 pound fresh strawberries, halved
- 1 large ripe peach or nectarine, cut into 16 wedges
- 1/4 cup small fresh basil leaves
Combine first 3 ingredients in a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Cook until reduced to a 1/2 cup (about 15 minutes). Add oil and salt to pan, stirring with a whisk. Let stand 2 minutes.
Combine berries and peach in a large bowl. Add juice mixture, stirring gently. Sprinkle with basil.