This recipe is a great introduction to Thai cuisine. It’s not too spicy, so it appeals to all ages, making it a great way for parents to introduce new foods and cultures to their family.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 two inch piece gingerroot, grated
- 1lb boneless skinless turkey breast cut in to strips
- 1 head bok choy, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, julienned
- ½ cup light coconut milk
- 1 tsp grated lime zest
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 tbsp reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 tsp red curry paste
- 2 tsp chopped fresh cilantro
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat a wok or large skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil and swirl to coat wok. Sauté garlic, ginger and turkey for about 10 min or until turkey is lightly browned on the outside and no longer pink inside. Add bok choy and red pepper; sauté for 4 min. Stir in coconut milk, lime zest, lime juice, soy sauce and curry paste; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 min or until sauce has thickened slightly. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Ladle onto plates and garnish with cilantro.
Approved by SmartShape’s Registered Dietitian
Recipe Reference: http://www.dietitians.ca